Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Secret

Me: Ok. So I have a secret to tell you.
Martin: What's that?
Me: I had a roast beef sub for lunch yesterday.
Martin: (chuckles) I don't care.
Me: I mean. I wouldn't have. But I think it's fine. It's only a recommendation not to eat lunch meat when you're pregnant and there really wasn't many other options.
Martin: I'm sure it's fine. It's not like you're smoking or drinking or something proven to do harm to a baby. If the baby's head comes out crooked though, I'm going to blame it on that one time you ate lunch meat.
Me: It was soooo good too. It was roast beef with lettuce and tomatoe and onion and banana peppers and hot pepper relish and mayonnaise.
Martin: Sounds like you had the feast of a lifetime.

2 comments:

  1. I agree with Martin... you're not drinking, you're not smoking... I think it's safe to go to Subway... roast beef isn't like bologna that is all processed with added "stuff." I think turkey, ham and roast beef are all very safe to eat while you're pregnant. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. don't tell me that. I'll be eating them everyday. I'm pretty much just waiting for an OK from anyone.

    ReplyDelete