Friday, June 11, 2010

Running With The Best of 'Em

I think one the reasons I am so good at hanging out with drunk people even when I am not drunk, is because I have this amazing ability to begin acting drunk as soon as someone around me does.

On Saturday night on our walking wine tour in Canandaigua, I managed to be in rare form. It started in one shop, that was crowded with drunk people trying to get another drop of wine, I (the sober one) somehow manage to knock over a shelf with a purse display. Although I tried to pick it up, it managed to almost erupt into a throw-down between the shop owner and the woman from the winery who seemed to be in a disagreement as to who should be picking up the mess.

Wineowner: Um, ma'am, someone dropped something over there that needs to be cleaned up.
Store owner: Yeah, well I'm not cleaning it up one of my girls will.
Wineowner: Ok, well I'm just telling you because its your store.
Store owner: Look, if you have any problems tell one of these two girls because I am not cleaning it up.

Then later on at the Oil and Vinegar Shop I managed to accidently eat the leaves and all on a strawberry. I don't know how I did it, I just didn't want to miss any of the strawberry flavor and got a little too close to the green.

In another situation, one where I was participating in the wine tour, I would have chalked this behavior up to my being drunk as in, "I was so drunk I knocked over a display in one of the stores" or "I was so drunk I ate an entire strawberry including the leaves" somehow, "I was so sober I ate the leaves on a strawberry" just doesn't have the same ring to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment