Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Oils and Vinegars

After tastings from six different wineries on Saturday night, we stumbled across an oil and vinegar shop with free tastings. The girls weren't sure if they wanted to go in, mostly because nothing inside the shop would give them the same lightheadedness that the previous wine had, and we still had one more stop! But I really wanted to go in. For two reasons: 1, I love bread dipped in oil and 2, The pregnancy gods have deemed that I can actually consume the product in that store.

While we were standing on the sidewalk debating whether we should go in, the owner's husband came out and got us and dragged us in there. Then he whipped up a delicious connoction of flavored oils and vinegars that we just drank. Like water. And it was delicious.


Then Martha and Judy decided to head out on their own and create their own perfect concoction. While I admire their sense of adventure - I don't think my life would have been complete if I missed out on the chipotle chocolate flavored mixture that he brought Caton and I next.

And then when I saw Judy's face and watched her and Martha chuck their unfinished mixtures in the garbage, I was infinitely happier with my decision.

1 comment:

  1. Love the oils and vinegars... First time we ever did that was on a weekend to Cleveland and we went to a micro brewery to do beer tasting... Very fun!

    ReplyDelete