Saturday, June 26, 2010

Role Reversal

Ranatta, Judy and Kristin. Without these girls, I don't think my life would be complete. I mean, I certaintly wouldn't enjoy living out in the fingerlakes without these girls to keep me company.


But until recently, our relationship has worked in pretty much the same way. I always call them. They never call me. Judy actually tried to argue this with me a couple of weeks ago, but after looking through her call log, the time when she called me was actually 8 minutes after a missed call from me. I am not sure why this happens, probably for a couple of reasons among them that I am controlling, dominating and well, basically a bitch.

Recently, however, things have been really hectic for me at work and I haven't really had a chance to call them in the middle of the day and say, Hey, I was going to stop and grab lunch, want to meet me? Or call them at all for that matter. Therefore, they have been calling me. And they make a point to remind me that they are the ones placing the initial call on each occasion. And even though this takes me out of the controlling and planning role I normally assume, I'm glad they do - otherwise I'd miss out on a lot of fun times.

No comments:

Post a Comment