Friday, July 9, 2010

Can You Believe It???


If you can't read that because the picture is pretty blurry it says 97 degrees. Outrageous. And that's not 97 degrees after just getting in the car when it's been sitting in the sun. That is a solid 97 degrees! I mean, I live in New York because I don't have an air conditioner because I live in New York. It is totally crazy. I would love to make some sort of blanket, ignorant statement about global warming and how that is obviously the cause of all these heat issues, but I read somewhere that the summers of 1911 and 1936 were even hotter around here with tempuratures reaching into the 100s! And really, I'm not a scientist by any means - so I guess I'm going to refrain from making any sort of unimformed statement. Consequently, I spent yesterday evening drinking iced coffee and reading and playing on the computer in the comfortably air conditioned environment of the Gimme! Coffee in Trumansburg.

No comments:

Post a Comment