Thursday, July 8, 2010

Reading Ink Blots

Yesterday, Martin and I went to the doctor for my ultrasound to find out the sex of the baby. Actually, even on the way there we hadn't yet decided if we were going to find out or make it a surprise, but then in a surprise burst of control Martin told the ultrasound technician that we wanted to know the sex.

After my first ultrasound, I was really really thrilled. I was completely blown away by how much I could see and told basically anyone who would listen just how completely amazing the experience was. I even felt it was neccesary to devote 2 seperate blog posts to this experience which you can read about here and here. This ultrasound, however, wasn't the glorious experience I posted about before.

First of all, the baby has grown a lot. Consequently, the entire body wouldn't fit in one ultrasound picture. Apparently, I'm not very good at interpreting body parts. I mean, yeah I saw a lot of bones, mostly ribs, some arms, etc. But I just couldn't really get that great picture of a baby like I did in the last one. I think you really have to have a knack for it because the ultrasound tech kept making these noises like it was doing the cutest thing ever. You know, Aww, ohhh, look at that. It's so cute. etc. etc. I'm just laying there thinking what? wait! what's cute? It's my baby, why can't I see it????

When we got around to interpreting the sex of the baby, I didn't even realize we were on that part of the body. Martin apparently had it pegged before she even told us. I couldn't even really make it out after she pointed it out. I mean, yeah, I see the part you're talking about but I don't really see any other parts connecting to it or around it. I don't see legs. I know they're near those parts.

Anyway, our baby currently weighs 13 ounces. It is 17 cm from head to rump plus the length of the legs. I would love to say I was blown away by its obvious attractiveness like I was the first time, but I really just felt like I was trying to decipher ink blots. Lucky for me, when I have the baby I should be able to look at it as one whole unit.



And I know what you're all waiting for in the blogpost.



I don't mean to leave you hanging.




But



it's



just



so



much



fun.



Oh, yeah, is that what you were wondering.....




We're having a girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment