Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Steig Larsson.

I've really been falling behind on book reviews lately, and while I know this probably makes Gabe very happy - my life will not be complete until I catch up. So....here's two together, and its not because I just really want to catch up and slam them all together, but because once you read the first book, you absolutely must read the second book.

Back in March, I posted about Steig Larsson's, The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo which you can read here. After reading that book, I couldn't get enough of Steig Larsson and decided to read the next book in the series - The Girl Who Played With Fire. While The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo is an absolutely amazing novel, it can definitely stand on its own. Its conclusive and neatly wraps itself up at the end. If I didn't know that it was the first in a series of three, I would never assume so.

The Girl Who Played With Fire , on the other hand, is definitely one in a sequel. While completely gripping all the way through the book - once you have finished it life with absolutely not allow you to move forward until you read The Girl Who Kicked The Hornets Nest. These two books without a doubt must be read in succesion and present a compelling and breathtaking story. Your heart will be racing.

While, I don't really have quotes clipped from these novels, that is not to say that they are not wel written. They are extremely well-written and fascinating to read. I would highly recommend picking them up if you are looking for some summer reading!

2 comments:

  1. Stumbled across this link today!! Couldn't believe it! So here is a plan to plan a vacation... sometime down the road... after the baby is an adult. lol LY Jennifer

    http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/38205073/ns/travel-destination_travel/

    ReplyDelete
  2. another interesting link about your author...

    http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/38203989/ns/today-books/

    ReplyDelete