Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Love


Martin, I'm so happy that three years ago today I decided to spend the rest of my life with you. You're loyalty to all those close to you continues to astound me on a daily basis. Your work ethic is unparalleled. You are such a helpful and amazing father. You can see the love Aubrey has for you in her eyes. And you never fail to make me laugh. When we got married and everyone asked us what is was that we loved about each other, I had a whole list of reasons about why I wanted to spend the rest of my life with you. Today, three years later, that list is three times as long. You are an amazing person and the love of my life. Thank you for everything.


"And when she stood near him she somehow did not feel the panic herself, though she couldn't explain it. Near him, it felt like she was stepping out of a harsh light and into someplace quiet and dark, like she was wrapping herself up in the heavy velvet of the stage curtains where no one could see her" Bel Canto, Ann Patchett


First Anniversary
 "There will always be people who say it does not exist because they cannot have it. But I tell you it is true and that you have it and that you are lucky even if you die tomorrow." For Whom The Bell Tolls, Ernest Hemmingway

Second Anniversary
 "Their eyes met and they stared at each other, alone in space. With an effort she glanced down at the table" The Great Gatsby, F. Scott Fitzgerald

Aubrey just a few days old!
 "That he loved her in this twilight, which obscured all the physical details which he adored, seemed to him a guarantee that theirs was a changeless love which would persist if she were old or maimed or disfigured" The Return of the Soldier, Rebecca West


"She had gone, there was no one like her, and what is that uniqueness but love?" A Passage to India, E.M. Forester


"I am nothing special; just a common man with common thoughts, and I've led a common life. There are no monuments dedicated to me and my name will soon be forgotten. But in one respect I have succeeded as gloriously as anyone who's ever lived: I've loved another with all my heart and soul; and to me, this has always been enough." The Notebook, Nicholas Sparks

No comments:

Post a Comment