Saturday, March 23, 2013

Cats

About twenty-five seconds after we settled into our hotel with pizza and beer on Friday evening, Ingrid busted out her computer to show us this halarious video on youtube. This is seriously the best way I can think to spend a spare thirty-six seconds.


Martin: I'm worried about you Ingrid. A cat video?
Ingrid: But that is halarious. You laughed!
Martin: It's pretty funny. I'm just a little worried about you looking up cat videos.
Ingrid: I didn't even find it! Someone showed it to me!

....

Back in New York watching the latest episode of Parks and Recreation on Hulu with Martin. During the obligatory Choose Your Ad Experience, Martin selects an ad for Fancy Feast.

Me: (groan) Fancy Feast, really?? I would have chosen Travelocity.
Martin: It's for Ingrid. She's really into cats lately.

Also in Ingrid's honor and in honor of cats everywhere, I think we all owe it to ourselves to read this article about cats at play, while rather lengthy, I think it's pretty halarious.

"A popular choice either as solo entertainment or two-player deathmatch, Holy Shit I Have a Tail is an age-old favorite for all feline games players.
Needless to say, the game is best played when you have totally forgotten that you have a tail. Or even that you are a cat.
It is also one of the few games that can be played at any time, in any location, and for any reason whatsoever. Including reasons related to hunting and catching prey, rather than simply playing a game for the sake of playing a game.
The game begins with what’s known as the Discovery, when the player discovers that they (a) have a tail, (b) that it appears to be attached to their body, and (c) that they are in fact a cat (this last discovery is optional)."
 


No comments:

Post a Comment