Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Giant Chicken Wings

Growing up in the Greater Buffalo Area, I have both a neccesary and inherited love for chicken wings. Now, when you buy chicken wings - there are two different kinds of wing that come in the box. There are wings and there are drumsticks. Personally, I prefer the drumsticks because I always feel there is more meat inside. Ideally, whoever you are sharing wings with prefers the opposite. Unfortunately, Martin also likes the drumsticks. sidenote: I am probably thinking more deeply into this issue than anyone ever has or should. I started thinking about the drumsticks. Not the chicken wing sized drumsticks, but the actual drumsticks. This would be perfect for a chicken wing. It will be a giant wing. Then a crowd of angels descended from heaven and blessed me for my deductive skills.

So I decided to go about making these.
First I placed all the drumsticks on a baking pan and put them in the oven on 350.
Then, for sauce. I just mixed BBQ Sauce and Hot Sauce and a little melted butter.
Pull the drumsticks out of the oven and use a brush to cover them all over with your sauce.
Shove them back in there for another 40ish minutes.
Remove your delicious looking drumsticks from the oven
Toss them into your sauce mixture (Important: this should have a cover)
Shake. Shake. Shake.
Shake it all up so the wings are well coated.
Mmmm. Good.
Serve with some green beans or whatever side you choose.

This is seriously sooo delicious. I would eat this on a daily basis if it was even halfway healthy. But, I really don't think it's healthy. For a short time I tried to disillusion myself into thinking it was healthy because the wings are baked instead of deepfried, but I'm pretty sure any chicken with skin really isn't that great for you. O well, still amazing. I would say this is probably even better than authentic Buffalo Chicken Wings.

No comments:

Post a Comment