Friday, February 26, 2010

Consequences.

On the walk home from the sunset cruise, the effects of a days worth of sun started to set in. The sunburns were a-blazing. Martin and Mitchell decided it was absolutely neccesary to take their shirts off.
And this is why we had terrible sunburns: 1. my 8 oz sunscreen would not be accepted on the plane and 2. It was so cold when we got to Florida we completely forgot to buy sunscreen and 3. when you spend a day on water without sunscreen, bad things happen.
My only saving grace was that I was wearing a wetsuit all day. Because I was definitely burned the worst. Luckily, the burn was contained to my face, hands and feet.
In fact, I had burned so badly that by Friday, my face was covered in blisters and multiple people in the airport made comments along the lines of, "looks like you brought some of the sun back with you"
On Saturday, when I met Ranatta at the Chilli Cook-Off in Ithaca she burst into tears of laughter, didn't recognize me, and told me - in a comforting way, of course - that since strangers wouldn't know I had just been in Florida, the would probably just think I got a really bad chemical burn.
On Wednesday, An entire week after the initial burn I had five cashiers come up to me at work to tell me that "I looked a lot better"

No comments:

Post a Comment