Thursday, March 25, 2010

Hmm, A Murder Mystery

I'm not typically one to read a murder mystery, but I just recently finished reading The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo by Steig Larsson and I absolutely loved it! This is a book I would highly, highly recommend.

"..the exchange between the two men seemed like a ritual attaching to a mystery which no-one else in the whole world had the least interest in unraveling."

I surprisingly didn't pull too many quotes from this that I had to have but I think that might have something, ok, a lot to do with the fact that it is translated from Swedish, because Steig Larsson is a Swedish writer.

"If she gave him her little finger he'd take her whole arm. And he would never understand."

While this book is a murder mystery, it is also so much more. There are so many elements and factors and amazing intertwining plots and fully developed characters in this novel. It was just absolutely and incredibly amazing!

"At some point on the morning of the second day she came to a terrifying realisation. She had no idea how it had happened or how she was supposed to cope with it. She was in love for the first time in her life."

No comments:

Post a Comment