Saturday, August 14, 2010

Correction

Some of you might remember that I am, at times, completely scatterbrained. If you don't recall a moment such as this, please refer to this post.


And the answer is, yes, I really thought the arch was golden.

It wasn't until we arrived in St. Louis and I physically saw the arch that I realized

Oh, the arch isn't golden?
Caton: No, why? Did you think it was?

So yeah. I learned a lot on this trip. Including basica information I could have learned from a picture on the internet. Things like the gateway to the west is not golden. that is McDonalds.


Because Caton had already ventured up the arch on a previous visit, and she had Elly, and we were both completely exhausted from the heat, and we still had to drive back to Nashville that evening - she decided not to go up the arch again. I secretly wished I could decide this also because I was so hot from running through the zoo in 105 degree weather. But, I also didn't want to go all the way to St. Louis and not go up the arch. So I sucked it up.

And I got to completely bypass the line because I was going alone. So I met a nice family from Canada on my way up. They kept saying aye and arguing amongst themselves about the building of the arch and then we discovered the language barrier that exists between the United States and Canada. And I'm not talking about French because that would make too much sense.  I mean that they tried to talk to me about the weather. But they could only talk in celsius and I could only talk in fahrenheit and it was a slightly frustrated moment, but we decided to agree that whatever the temperature - it was a lot hotter than anything we had previously been exposed to.

And on the way down I met yet another nice family who talked to me all about babies and their daughters and my roadtrip.

No comments:

Post a Comment