Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Kicking Like Crazy.

I haven't posted about the baby in a long time.

I think its been at least 14 days.

Anyway, I deserve a good baby post every fourteen days or so.

When I was 20 and 21 weeks pregnant I was started to freak out

Why?

Because I wasn't sure if the baby was kicking. And according to What to Expect When You're Expecting (the book from the devil) I should be feeling something by then. And I didn't know if I was.

And then one of my cashiers tells me this story about a friend she has who just had a baby with no legs. Because that seems like a completely appropriate story to tell a nervous pregnant woman, right?

So, here I am freaking out because our baby isn't kicking and I know she has legs because I saw them on the ultrasound, but what if there are something wrong with the nerves in her legs. What if they don't move???

So, I did the appropriate thing (for once). I asked the doctor if it was normal to not really feel much at 20 weeks.

And he said something really unencouraging

Doctor: Well, is it that you don't feel her when you're moving, but when you sit still you feel her?
Me: umm....maybe.

So, I continued to freak out.

But then, around 22 weeks she really kicked it into high gear and is moving all the time.  Last Sunday night, Martin even felt her for the first time.

Anyway, so fears over. Her legs work. I love my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment