Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Storms and Skylines

This is a photo of a storm cloud against the Oklahoma City skyline. Isn't it beautiful? According to John this storm is about 60 miles away. I took his word for it because I don't know anything about storms, or clouds, or weather. I hadn't even seen Twister before spending a day and a half in Norman, OK hanging out with a bunch of meterology buffs who refer to this movie at least 8 times a day and found it completely appalling that I had never seen it and absolutely would not let me leave their presence before watching that movie.

Sidenote: that may be an exxageration. I'm sure they would have sent me on my merry way even if we didn't have the opportunity to watch Twister during my stay.


But, back to the sky, it is a beautiful impending storm, isn't it? Oh, and John pointed this storm out to us when we were riding in his car and he was telling us a story in then midsentence looked over his left shoulder and shouted "STORM" much like a dog with a squirrel.

No comments:

Post a Comment