Sunday, August 15, 2010

Unphased

By no means am I done filling you in on my roadtrip. I have so many stories you'll feel like you actually traveled with me by the time I'm done, but I feel I need to interrupt this charade of stories to fill you in on other details of my life. Events that continue to occur even though I went on a road trip and have a zillion things to tell you about that and don't really have time to fill you in on the fact that the world actually continues to turn when I am still not done with my vacation stories.

So, anyway, I get long winded sometime. You probably were aware of that. Sorry. Just a reminder.

Last Saturday night, I went to the Elba Onion Festival. I love the onion festival. It is huge. There is a midway, a parade, one of those dunking booths, a car giveaway, about 6 different stands selling blooming onions, and a gigantic beer tent with a live band. So, on Saturday night I obviously ran into almost everyone I know while wandering around the beer tent, tapping my feet to the music and thinking about how dry my throat was. (just kidding on the last part, I have absolutely no problem staying sober).

Martin and I were catching up with an old friend and I was really into the conversation. During the conversation someone starts rubbing my belly. I sort of feel it, but at this point its getting to be a common occurance and I don't really bother to see who is doing the rubbing. Finally, I notice my good friend Becky standing by my side.

Me: Oh, I didn't even know you were there
Becky: Didn't you feel me rubbing your belly.
Me: Yeah, but I just thought it was James.
James: Why would I ever do that???? You thought I was rubbing your belly? You were talking to me, that doesn't even make sense.
Me: Well, I was thinking it was kind of a long rub, but I didn't really question it.

No comments:

Post a Comment