Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Coconut Cranberry Bars

 On Sunday afternoon, I headed over to Kerri McKenna's apartment to make a delicious dessert. Kerri is a staple in my life, as my best friend's little sister, I not only consider her a good friend of mine, but also a sister.  

Kerri made us a delicious spaghetti and chicken lunch.

And we baked. dessert. which is strange for me, I know. Kerri said it seems like I have a new and sudden love for desserts. Maybe she's right.


Anyway, we made these coconut cranberry bars that are in the Aldi Christmas Flyer. I would give you the recipe, but I left the catalougue at Kerri's so I would just highly reccommend that you go to Aldi, pick up a Christmas Flyer, buy the ingredients, and make these. Pronto. We made a few changes. Some on purpose, others - not so much. First, the recipe called for white chocolate chips. But then I accidently purchased milk chocolate chips. Also, the recipe called for 2 cups of chocolate chips and I don't even really like chocolate that much - so we only did 3/4 of a cup. The recipe called for 1 cup of coconut flakes, but I really like those, so we used probably a cup and a quarter. And if I were to make them again I would add even more coconut.

These were so delicious! Ours were quite thick and pretty gooey. I like them gooey, though. But next time I might spread them out thinner on a larger pan so they are more of a bar.

I can't wait to make these for Christmas Parties this year!

No comments:

Post a Comment