Saturday, November 20, 2010

My Brother

My brother is in the Marines and I rarely see him. He really doesn't come home that often and because he is absolutely horrible at picking up the phone and calling (or answering the phone for that matter) I would say that we're usually good for about one 45 minute conversation a month.

So, when he unexpectedly came home to visit last weekend it was really nice. Well, it was really nice for me that he also decided to head down to Ithaca to spend the weekend at Cornell with one of his best friends.

Last Sunday we met for lunch at this delicious Greek restaurant in collegetown, Alladin's. Our friend Kerri McKenna also met us there. We talked and laughed for a couple hours and it was absolutely amazing to see him, even though he (and everyone in my family) has never been one to sugarcoat a situation.

Alex: Oh my God! You are GIGANTIC!
Me: Gee thanks.
Kerri: I don't think she looks that big. I think she looks really good.
Alex: Well you're sitting across the table from her, you can't even see how big she is!
Kerri: I just saw her last Sunday though.
Alex: No, you don't understand.....she is huge!



ps. In case you haven't noticed. It's Saturday morning now and I'm still here. Where is this baby???

2 comments:

  1. She hasn't even been born yet and you have already misplaced her?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Peach and Bernice had their babies last night, now it's your turn tonight!! Love you!

    ReplyDelete