Monday, November 22, 2010

A Married Man

Martin didn't work this weekend because he wanted to be close to home in case I had the baby. Of course, I did not have the baby.

Anyway,  Saturday we spent the day sort of getting errands done/laying around and doing nothing. The day went something like this.

I wake up at 7:30.
Martin refuses to wake up/makes me lay in bed with him until 10:30 or 11.
We somehow waste time until 12 (getting laundry together, etc.)
We head down to Ithaca to go grocery shopping
Stop at an Antique Store on the way.
    Me: Hey, let's stop here.
    Martin: (sort of groaning) Ok.
    minutes later.
     Martin: This place is awesome!
    an hour later.
    Martin: There is so much stuff here! We could walk around this place forever. Ok, so now I feel like we really need to get a house to start decorating.
    Me: You are such a married man.
    Martin: I would like this place even if I was single!
    Me: I don't think you would come to this place if you were single.
    Martin: I guess that's probably true.
Go grocery shopping where Martin yells at me not to get stressed out about work.
Stop at laundromat on way home and put our clothes in wash.
Martin wanders off with the landlord, leaving me with all the groceries to unload.
I unload groceries and then return to laundromat. (Martin is still MIA).
Come home from laundromat after throwing clothes in dryer and hang up clothes that cannot be dried.
At this point Martin shows up as I am about to go to laundromat to get the rest of the clothes and tells me to wait for him, but I am pissed at his disappearance and lack of help with the groceries, so I leave without him.
I return home.
We put away laundry.
I make tuna melts.
We enjoy tuna melts with kettle chips, a pear, and snapple.
Watch How I Met Your Mother season one for the remainder of the evening.

Wonderful Lazy Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment