Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Nursery......Ish


Our baby is going to spend the first month (or so) of its life living in our Trumansburg apartment before we move back out to Western New York. Due to the limited duration of time we will be in this apartment, I didn't want to go crazy decorating a nursery, but I also felt like I wouldn't be doing our little one justice if I didn't at least attempt to build a halfway cute environment in her corner of our bedroom. Yes we do live in a one bedroom apartment so she will be in our room, which is really perfect because we didn't need to purchase a monitor since she'll be sleeping approximately 28 inches from the foot of our bed!


So I attempted to make some sort of cute/make shift wall decoration with cards people have given us. And with leftover ribbon from our baby party invitations. Of course, I then taped them all on the wall which really took the classy right out of the whole scenario, but the tape isn't nearly as noticable in real life as it is in these photos. Honestly!


And then I tried to put others things I'll need handy on a little nightstand in the corner. I am especially in love with the massive amount of baby socks we have acquired from people in the basket on bottom. They are so little and cute!


I also really like having these cute baskets filled with diapers, burp clothes, books and the absolutely adorable piggybank that our friends Kevin and Desiree got her.


And the pack and play. Which she will be sleeping in until we move and get a crib. It just seemed to bulky to purchase for just a month.


I understand that I'll most definitely have to move all of her toys off the changing table in order to use it. But they are just so cute. And the bears a really really soft.


Oh, and this homemade blanket from my dear friend Michelle. I'm in love with it.

So....there you have it our nursery..ish corner. I probably took way too many pictures and wasted way too many words describing and area that is literally 3 feet deep by 6 feet wide (if that) but I hope you enjoyed!)

1 comment: