Thursday, November 18, 2010

A Change in Perspective

On Saturday night, Martin and I went out to dinner with our friends Ranatta and Adam. We went to The Nines which is the most amazing pizza place in the world, I swear. It is definitely the most amazing in Ithaca.

The only drawback....it's in collegetown. Which is just a huge pain as far as parking goes. And its pretty much all college students so I feel a little out of place walking around there 9 months pregnant. But for the pizza, it is all worth it.

We didn't meet for dinner until 9 and were there until about 11, so it was perfect timing for the streets to be full of people going out to bars or parties or whatever for the night. And we saw a lot of short skirts. I'm talking really really short skirts. On almost every single girl that passed by. I don't know when wearing skirts that are so short they are not quite doing their job of covering those parts you don't want people to see became quite so popular.  But they are in full abundance.

Martin and Adam were also having a hard time believing.
And Martin was having a mental breakdown as he was torn between whether he should be excited about this new phenomenon or afraid.

Martin: This is why I am scared to have a daughter. She's going to dress like that someday!
Martin: I mean, these girls are only 5 years younger than me. I really shouldn't be looking at them and thinking like a dad.
Me: Well, I never really dressed like that.
Martin: Yeah, but I wouldn't mind if you dressed like that. I am only concerned with how anyone that comes from my loins dresses. I'm not so concerned with anyone I put my loins into.

5 comments:

  1. How do you know that almost every girl was single?

    ReplyDelete
  2. o no. i didn't mean that the girls are single. I have no idea. i meant every single girl as in each and every girl.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhhhhhh, now I get it. So each and every girl was single. Now it makes sense. I guess I need to take a reading comprehension course in school next semester.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha. well now that you bring it up, it was worded kind of confusing. I keep trying to say it with the right emphasis so it makes more sense, but clearly - that does nothing over the internet. Anyway, no one is actually single or maybe they are.....I can't really make a call on that situation. The sentence would have been better worded if I had just said "On almost every girl that passed by." I think I just threw the single in there because in conversation I would say every single girl to emphasis that it was literally every girl. I think. I don't know. But I basically just write as if I am talking which clearly is sometimes confusing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jenna... Not confusing to most of us, just fun for some twisting and reading into things... it's entertaining on all aspects. Smiles on our faces on both sides. :-)

    ReplyDelete