Monday, November 8, 2010

These Make Me Smile

I've been dying to go shopping lately. By lately, I mean, I've been dying to go shopping for the last five months. Basically since the time my clothes started not fitting me, I've been dying to get new clothes. Of course, I haven't been able to do that - mostly because I'm petrified to buy anything for fear I will never by my old size again.

And then, the greatest thing happened. I was at the construction site for the new store last Thursday and I stepped in wet cement.

What that doesn't sound like the greatest thing to you? What's wrong with you?

You see, I didn't just lightly step in wet cement, I plunged my right leg into wet cement. In the process, I ruined a pair of black work shoes. My only pair of black work shoes. So I had to go to Payless that night and get new shoes so I would have something to wear the following day.  So I went to Payless and picked up a replica of the pair I had ruined. Then I realized they were having a buy 1 get one half off sale. 

 So I got these. Because they're super fun! And I really like red but I can't wear it in any sort of proximity to my face (due to the red hair) so it's best if I keep it low, like on my feet. I think (once I fit into any of my dresses) they are going to look so cute with a dress and black tights.
So, yeah. That's my big, impractical excitement. Praise Wet Cement!

1 comment: