Sunday, November 28, 2010

Cable Television

Martin and I do not have television. We watch reruns of Seinfeld and Arrested Development because we own both seasons. Recently, we've started watching How I Met Your Mother.  We follow Modern Family online, religiously. I watch Glee, also religiously. Martin watches AxMan, not so religiously, but I mean, seriously - I can't believe that is a serious show. Devotion to it would be almost ridiculous.

Anyway, there is a point to all this rambling. The point is that we never just sit around and watch whatever happens to be on TV. In general, I think this is a good thing, but once in a while its nice to just veg out in front of the TV. Martin has been extremely tolerant of this no TV lifestyle and we haven't had television since we've been married.

But, like I said, sometimes its nice to veg out. So for the two days I was in the hospital, Martin was sort of in Heaven watching lots of TV in the room. There was a series of Gangland on and both Martin and myself were pretty enthralled with learning all about different gang history. Except, Martin also felt sort of guilty to be watching Gangland in front of a baby. So everytime someone would enter our room, be it a nurse, doctor, or dining, Martin would immediately start flipping through channels and then return back to Gangland after their departure.

Me: Why do you change the channel everytime someone comes in the room?
Martin: Because. You shouldn't let people know you're exposing a baby to television with violent images. Of course, my facebook status right now is 'Watching Gangland with my ladies...babies love Gangland'

No comments:

Post a Comment