Thursday, March 11, 2010

A Parfait Party (for two)

As you may remember Martin and I went to the Farmshow a few Saturday's ago. The day before the farmshow, I got a call from my mom. It went something like this:

Mom: Are you going to the farmshow with Martin tomorrow?
Me:  Yeah. Why?
Mom: Well. Martin really wanted a five pound tub of yogurt. So dad will give it to you tomorrow.
Me: Oh. I guess I didn't realize he liked yogurt so much.

You can imagine I was a little surprised that Martin would want such a large quantity of yogurt. They don't even sell them close to this big in the grocery store. You can only find them this large in the food service industry. So naturally, in my nosiness - I questioned Martin about his intense need for massive amounts of vanilla yogurt later that night.

Me: So, we have to pick up some yogurt from my dad tomorrow. Why did you want so much yogurt??
Martin: I didn't. You're dad called me and said he was going to Buffalo to pick up a dump truck he bought and some five gallon tubs of yogurt. He said he was going to get me one. I didn't even ask for it.

So, we get this giant tub of yogurt on Saturday and I immediately decide that a party should be themed around it. I can come up with a reason to party over anything. I suggest that we have a parfait party on Sunday night. Martin, politely tells me that I know our apartment is too small for any party. And that its not going to work.

My hopes are immediately crushed.

But we made the best of it with a parfait party for two.

Martin reached for a bowl to make his parfait in and said, Let me guess. You want yours in a glass.

 He knows me so well.

No comments:

Post a Comment