Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Spoons!

I love the game spoons. Its so fun. So competitive. So easy. And it's absolutely impossible not to have fun playing it. Even Martin, who is not a card person likes spoons.
Martin shuffling. I told you he's not a card person.

It's kind of like musical chairs. only with spoons and cards.
Get a deck of cards.
Shuffle
Pass four cards to each player.
Place spoons in the middle of the table. One for each person minus one.
The dealer then starts going through the pile of remaining cards one at a time and passing discarded cards to the person on their left.All other players repeat.
Each person should only have four cards at one time.
Then first person to have four of the same card reaches for a spoon.
Once you see one person reach for a spoon  everyone lunges for the remaining spoons.
Whoever didn't get a spoon is out.
These pictures are blurry. Sorry!
I wish I had a picture of everyone lunging for a spoon.
Katie and Ryan are our spoons go-to players. We always play with them and it's always amazing.
It was Ryan's birthday on Sunday so I guess that is pretty cool too.
Katie made him mini cupcakes, big cupcakes, and brownies. Martin and I brought an ice cream cake. He's a lucky boy!
We haven't seen Katie and Ryan in a long time but it was so fun to see them on Saturday night and play Last Word and Spoons. I don't think I've laughed that hard in a long time. We'll have to arrange another spoons date soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment