Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Typical

On Friday night Martin got me all excited for a night out. I put on my bright yellow cardigan, my go-to jeans, and my cowboy boots. I was ready to go. It was going to be a "safety meeting" at O'Malley's. By safety meeting, I mean because Martin is a truck driver they have to have mandatory safety meetings every quarter for insurance purposes. Basically whenever they all meet at the bar they have decided that this is also a safety meeting.

And then..we got there. Martin's friend Ryan and his wife Christina were supposed to come and this was the basis of my excitement for going out. Because I like Christina. But guess what? They didn't come. So it was me, Martin and three of his co-workers. And let me explain to you their idea of a "night out":

Sit around a bar and drink check.

Stare off into space for long periods of time with no conversation. check.

When deciding to speak, complain and make jokes about the dispatcher. check.

Dancing. no check. That's just something I would include in a good night out.

Animated conversation. no check there either.

Oh, and did I mention that as designated driver I was drinking water with lemon. check.

It's only because I love him so dearly that I put up with this. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment