Monday, March 15, 2010

Maxie's

On Friday night, I had every intention of staying in for dinner. I had a Take-N-Bake Pizza all ready to pop in the oven and I had a bag of drumsticks I was going to make into baked wings. It was going to be delicious.

But then Judy and Kristin called and asked Martin and I to join them for dinner at Maxie's. I can never really refuse a chance to have dinner with friends plus I've wanted to try Maxie's because, as far as I'm aware, it's the only cajun style restaurant in Ithaca. So of course, I discarded my previous dinner plans, made room for the pizza in the refrigerator and herded Martin out the door for dinner.
The food was very good. Judy and I both got the Jumbalaya. Actually we split the jumbalaya because it was also fairly pricey. The plate of jumbalaya was $16.95. But, it did have three kinds of meat, shrimp, andouille and chicken - so there was basically two kinds of meat in every bite. That was pretty nice.
Fun Fact: There are two Maxie's in the chain. One in Ithaca and the other in Milwaukee. Weird, right?
Other than that, our only other problem was the lack of free refills. Kristin filled out a comment form over that one. But I would definitely reccommend Maxie's if you are looking for cajun food and willing to spend a little money on a nice dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment