Saturday, April 21, 2012

Katie Mason


Katie Mason is one of my other college roommates that I am fortunate enough to be spending time with this weekend. I should preface this by saying that her name is actually not Katie Mason but is now Katie Epstein. I am just having a really hard time adjusting. Katie Mason flows off the tongue so smoothly and, although she is one of my closest friends, I almost always call her by both her first and last name together.

Katie and I didn't really get to know each other until sophomore year of college. And really, the end of sophomore year.  I mean, sure, we passed each other here and there and our circles certainly brushed very closely, but we never really became close friends until I joined the same professional agriculture sorority as Katie was already a member. In the next two years we went from acquantiances that happened to hang out with similar people and frequent the same parties to practically inseperable. By senior year we had our schedules so jam packed that people used to joke that if you didn't jump onto our schedule right away Saturday morning you would miss us for the whole day.

Even though college ended a while ago, I still consider Katie one of my closest friends. And I know I definitely didn't give this speech at her wedding because I was just way too busy repeating I just love you and Mike together  over and over again. But Katie, you're great, and I'm so glad to have you as a friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment