Friday, December 4, 2009

The Bean Trees

"The three of us had no idea where we were headed, or why, but the air had sparks in it. I felt as though I had a blind date with destiny..." -The Bean Trees


I just finished readingThe Bean Trees and it was a great read. I love it when a novel starts with two completely different lives and then they collide. It's just so lovely. I would highly recommend it!


Barbara Kingsolver also wrote The Poisonwood Bible which I read in high school and is probably the greatest book ever. I absolutely love historical fiction - I just feel like I'm learning so much.

Sidenote: I absolutely love reading! I went through a phase about a month and a half ago and I was reading books as quickly as I could put my hands on them. And that's A LOT of books. I have an obsession with buying books every single time I walk into a used bookstore. Then, I purchased all the seasons of Seinfeld on Amazon (It was such a good deal, I couldn't resist!) and since then, I've really been slacking in the reading department. Hopefully this post is the kick I needed to get back to reading!

images taken from harpercollins

No comments:

Post a Comment