Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Proud

Caton and I have been best friends for as long as I can remember and I have always been proud of everything she's done. She's won speech contests, shows, held leadership roles and still managed to be a great friend through it all.
But now... I am really proud of Caton
Because she is absolutely amazing!

Caton works for Teach for America. It is an organization designed to help children in underprivileged areas by providing them with good teachers.
Caton is an excellent teacher. She shows such a huge amount of dedication to her students. Even though they aren't always "model children" you can tell that Caton loves each and every one of them as individuals. I had the pleasure of reading letters that "Caton's kids" wrote to her this weekend and I was overwhelmed with emotion and pride. Each letter spoke the true feelings of the children. You can tell that every student felt that Caton had really touched him or her and helped to make life just a little bit better. Caton took the time to let every single student know that success is possible for anyone. She shows real belief in everyone and uses unique teaching methods to cater to different learning styles. I am so proud of Caton for touching such a nerve in each child's heart, but at the same time reading those letters broke my heart - It sounded like Caton was the first person to believe in these kids and they are in high school!
Great Job Caton! I'm so proud of you!

No comments:

Post a Comment