Monday, December 7, 2009

Toy Tractor Shows

I had big plans for Saturday morning. My big plans included sleeping in and making pancakes for breakfast.

Then at 9:05 AM, just when I was getting ready to start making pancakes, Martin's brother Gabe calls very angry wanting to make sure that we are going to the toy tractor show in Geneseo that day. He is angry because we didn't come out to western New York last night and will now have to meet him in Geneseo instead of chaufeurring him directly to the show. So, there goes breakfast - we hurry into the car start driving to Geneseo. Martin, Gabe and myself all have completely different views on Toy Tractor Show.
      Gabe: Loves absolutely everything about toy tractors and toy tractor shows. Loves going to the show, meeting other toy tractor fanatics, talking to the salesmen, standing ass to elbows with everyone else in the hallway of a school, and finds it exhilirating to spend ALL of his money on toy tractors.
     Martin: Has one toy tractor that he likes to collect. this is whatever is the tractor of the year from some toy farmer series. For some reason he gets two of this exact same tractor every year. When I questioned him about this he said something about having two kids and each needing a tractor to play with. I think he was just making stuff up.
     Me: I don't get it at all. I think the entire thing is completely ridiculous. I don't like going to the show, I don't understand why people would spend their money on toy tractors and I really, really just don't get the whole thing.

So anyway, we haul over to Geneseo to meet Gabe for this show that neither of us are really interested in going to and ten minutes from said destination, Martin calls Gabe to see what the status is. Here's a little taste of the phone conversation.
     Martin: "Hey Gabe, how's it going? You there?
     Gabe: "Well, we were talking and decided to do some stuff around here. So...I can't go. Can you pick up three of those tractors for me.

ARE YOU KIDDING ME???

Stay tuned to hear about our Saturday night....we went to see Dane Cook!

3 comments:

  1. Informative article about the farming and rural mobilization devices and trucks and good knowledge to share with us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah i also Loves going to toy tractor shows, meeting other toy tractor fanatics and lunatics like me :D and like to buy John Deere Toy Tractors for my kids...

    ReplyDelete