Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Dane Cook


As part of a very happy birthday present to Martin, I got us tickets to go see Dane Cook on Saturday night at Blue Cross Arena in Rochester, NY. The show was at 8, so we were planning on catching dinner at Dinosaur BBQ beforehand, BUT it was so packed that the wait was about two hours when we got there at quarter to seven, so we settled for splitting a pitcher of roosterfish beer. Delicious

Warning: For some reason I thought getting drunk out of my mind was a perfect idea for this night.


So we went to the Arena and even though our tickets were not very good in the upper level seating, the view was still actually very good. That arena is really set up well because there isn't a bad seat in the house. We were having a great time even before the show starting betting with Mary and her friends, who we met sitting next to us, how Dane Cook would enter the stage. You know would he run or walk? Would he give high fives? Would he hug someone? ?? The possibilities were endless.



We also amused ourselves for a brief period during which I attempted to take a picture of Martin and me. But... I kept getting Martin and Mary.

Mary was kind enough to take our picture for us.
First there was two openers. Both were really really funny and I was so glad we got to see them. I didn't actually know there was going to be openers, but I really enjoyed both of them. The first guy was catholic and picked on catholics a little bit - which I found entertaining, being catholic myself. And the second guy talked about being fat and loosing weight for a bit, which I also found entertaining, even though I can't relate.

Then it was time for DANE COOK

None of could have guessed how he was going to enter the stage. It was absolutely ridiculous and I have since decided that I don't really like Dane Cook as a person because of this. He had all the ushers line the aisle he had to walk down and hold hands so that the viewers were blocked off from him. Isn't that ridiculous??? Did he think someone was going to jump on him or something? It all just seemed really pompous to me.

He talked for a little while and was pretty funny. The whole thing was done by around 9:30. I thought he was going to do a little bit more, but apparently he didn't come out to impress Rochester.

We then headed home. Martin drove, because he hadn't been mainlining beer for the last 3 hours and I tried to make it home in one piece in the passenger seat. As soon as I stepped foot our of the car and in Martin's parents' driveway - I let it go. O boy. I suck.

All in all, a lot of fun and great to hear new comedians (even if Dan Cook is a pompous ass)

No comments:

Post a Comment