Friday, December 18, 2009

In My Younger Years


There was a time when I went to the bar on weeknights.


On St. Patrick's Day I even went at 8:00AM.


monday. tuesday. wednesday. definitely thursday.
but that was back when I was in college.
Now, I am basically an old lady. Meaning I go to work. Work forever, then come home and be responsible. Make dinner and go to bed.

but wednesday night I went to the bar.

of course...
I got there at 9:30 instead of the 11:00 of my younger years
heck, I left before 11:00
I drank diet pepsi instead of the draft beers of my younger years.
I ate a sub for dinner at the bar instead of crossing the street for the Sinbad's pizza of my younger years.

So yeah, I went to the bar on a Wednesday night. But it wasn't like it was in my younger years. Really, I just stopped in there as I was driving home from work to say hi to Ranatta. But it was nice. A great way to break up this week, which has been the looooongest week of my life.
Note to self: if you want to enjoy the holidays, don't work in retail.

No comments:

Post a Comment