Monday, September 6, 2010

Anniversary

Because Monday was our anniversary last week, Martin came home early on Sunday afternoon so we could do something together to celebrate.

And he brought me this amazing bouquet of flowers made by the spectacular local florist, Katie Klotzbach. They smell delicious. I immediately knew the arrangement was by Katie, because I am familiar with her style and it is one that I really embrace. When I asked Martin if they were done by Katie, he replied, I got them from a local florist.

Then we spent the afternoon relaxing by the water.
I'm not sure if you noticed it, but the card that Martin gave me for our anniversary, the one next to our flowers says For Two Special Friends. Martin says he realized it was a card meant to give to another couple celebrating their anniversary, but he liked it better than any of the spousal cards.

I love that he does stuff like that, it really makes me smile. I also love the messages that he writes on the insides of cards. They always make me smile too. Dear Lover, I actually picked this card out. I love you more than ever and still look forward to forever.   

and because his pen died halfway through that note.

may our love last longer than my pen did.

So I'm going to get up on my soapbox for just a second. Because really what is a blog if not a cyber soapbox?? And just say that I am so happy I took a chance on Martin. Because really, if either one of us had bailed the first time the other one said or did something freaky or something that didn't align with our life goals. Well, we would have never made it past hello.

I mean, four months into dating Martin, I asked him if we could raise our kids Catholic??? Who does that???

And Martin, well he was a staunch farmboy and a homebody, and me, well I had big plans to travel the world and have some big ass career in a far away place. And there I was senior year of college, looking for jobs in Western New York.

And just think, if Martin hadn't stuck with me through all the crazy questions and I hadn't been willing to bend just a little we wouldn't have great days at the lake and I probably wouldn't be getting cards with such cute messages in them.

No comments:

Post a Comment