Monday, September 27, 2010

I Love People

I love people. People are so friendly. People are genuinely excited to see good things happening in others lives. People are amazing.

You always hear that people in New York are rude, but that is nothing like the experience I had this past weekend. People were so friendly. They were greeting me on the street as I took a stroll through the neighborhoods of Brooklyn on Sunday morning, they were holding doors open for me, and they were genuinely excited for the life inside of me.

Everyone wanted to congratulate me and give me their thoughts on babies. One woman stopped Amanda and I on the street to tell us all about how happy she was for me and about her pregnancies and then her daughter's pregnancy. A teenager dribbling a basketball in the subway stopped to say congratulations. Two different men on the subway saw me standing during a crowded trip and got up so I could sit in their spot. On man selling furniture on the side of the road stopped to ask me if I was carrying twins and then congratulated me. One man walking down the street with two crying twins following his wife who was carrying a tired toddler smiled and raised his eyes, as if to let me know, this is what you're in for, but don't worry it's not always like this.

In general, I think people are amazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment