Saturday, September 18, 2010

Reasons Why Wednesday Was The Most Amazing Day Ever!

Thursday was a really really good day for me. For a lot of reasons. And because I don't like to leave details out, I'll start at the very beginning (it's a very good place to start - name that movie!)

1. Martin got up at the same time as me Thursday morning giving us 15 minutes of spoon time between snoozes on our alarms.

2. The contractor I hired finally came and fixed the sidewalk at the Cortland store.

3. When I was driving from Cortland to Ithaca around noontime, I heard a Goo Goo Dolls song come on the radio. That is pretty great in itself because I love the Goo Goo Dolls. I vaguely remembered the radio announcers that morning saying something about how if you hear a Goo Goo Dolls song in the noontime hour and you are the right caller you could win tickets to see the Goo Goo Dolls. I usually never dial in for these things, but I figured what the hell. So I called.

And I got a busy signal. So I pressed redial.

And I got another busy signal.

In an effort to keep this post to a managable length I'll skip ahead and let you know this happened repeatedly about 50 times.

Then I pulled into the parking lot of the bank to deposit Martin's paycheck.

I was going to give up calling at that point.

But, I thought, I'll just keep trying till the end of this song. Then I'll stop.

So I pressed redial again.

Busy.

And again.

Busy.

And again.

Hi this is Wink 106, who is this?

I won!!!!!

I was so proud of myself, it was basically an epic moment in my life! I immediately called Martin to tell him how amazing I am and how I won us tickets to see the Goo Goo Dolls on Oct 24th!

And my day didn't stop getting better there....

4. I went to Subway to grab a six inch value meal for lunch. I love Subway, so that in itself is a reason for number 4. But also, I had the nicest sandwich maker ever! He complimented me on my freckles which always makes me feel good because I sort of have insecurity issues about them. And then, when I was filling up my drink at the fountain, he came running over and exclaimed as if we were long lost friends who had been out of touch for the last 7 to 8 months, Oh my god! I didn't realize you were pregnant before! When are you due? You look so good!

5. Then I got my haircut for the first time since February. And my hairdresser Danielle was super nice and I had a great time chatting with her.

6. Then I went to Ithaca, cruised through my work and I was completely done for the day by 4:50pm!

7. Then I started to drive home. I realized I had forgotten to get milk and a few other key groceries at Aldi (that's not really a reason my day was good) but I decided since it was just a couple of things, I didn't want to turn around and I would just stop at the ShurSave in Trumansburg. While at the ShurSave I got milk and cream cheese to make Chicken Wing Dip for Friday night and then, because the day had been going so well, I treated myself to a package of Oreos. Because I needed something to dip in the milk! And then two seperate shoppers stopped me in the store to ask about when my baby was due and share their excitement for me.

8. I thought, how can I make this day even better. So, I called up my best friend Caton and chatted with her for a while.

9. And because I really wanted to keep a good day going, I got pizza with mushrooms for dinner!

10. And then Thursday, I had inventory. So I didn't go into work until ten. So I had plenty of time to enjoy an amazing breakfast. Strawberry Sandwich, Oreos and Milk. It really doesn't get much better than that!


1 comment:

  1. I'm confused, or just maybe you are, but we both know THAT can't be it. Was Wednesday or Thursday the best day ever?

    ReplyDelete