Thursday, September 9, 2010

Poor Etiquette

Last week I had inventory at my store in Cortland. So when I was leaving the store, I was parched from counting numbers in my head all day long.

4 over 2, 6 over 8, 12 over 1, 3 over 5, .....

I have this thing where I don't just count the numbers in my head, I whisper them slightly under my breath each and every time I say an item. Which is approximately 17 items a minute. (And for once in my life I'm not just throwing out a random high number. I actually did the math on that one) So when I say I was parched, what I really mean is my throat was burning and begging for liquid.

I got in the car to head home on the 45 minute car ride and gave Martin a call to see what he was up to.
Basically of I'm at a store after 9:00, I feel like its my perogative to treat myself to some sort of giant soda beverage. So while I'm talking to Martin I pull into the McDonald's drive-thru to order a large diet coke. While I'm placing my order I lose service with Martin. Well, at some point he is no longer on the line, which I realize after I'm halfway through a really great story.

So I call Martin back.

Me: Did I lose you?
Martin: Did you get your order yet?
Me: Well, there's like 5 cars in front of me and no one is moving.
Martin: Call me back when you get your order.
Me: Why?
Martin: I hate it when people do that shit.
Me: Do what shit?
Martin: Call you and then order food or do other shit. It's poor etiquette. Call me when you done. Love you. Bye.

1 comment:

  1. Once again I find myself agreeing with Martin. It is the same thing when someone calls me then says hold on I have another call. If they do that, I hang up. Poor etiquette, plain and simple.

    ReplyDelete