Thursday, September 16, 2010

Steak Sandwiches and Steamed Broccoli


I realized I haven't posted a recipe on here in a long long long time. And I decided that needs to end. now. And what better way to end that than with something so delicious as steak sandwiches and broccoli. I mean, everything is covered in cheese sauce. So it has to be good.

Before we even start with this recipe, let me say one thing. Please make your cheese sauce from scratch! That fake stuff is disgusting and the real stuff is soooo easy.

So yeah. Here goes.

For the steak sandwiches:
Slice desired amount of thin sliced sirloin into smallish bits. I usually do strips. (note: You can buy thin sliced sirloin at the store which is basically perfect for this. If you can't find it, you can always just cut a steak so it is thin)
Chop up some onions and peppers.
Fry peppers and onions in a pan with lots of butter until they are delicious looking.
Throw meat into the pan (after you remove the onions and peppers).

For the cheese sauce:
Pour some milk, whatever looks good depending on how much cheese you are making into a pot. I am not very good with measurements and rarely use them, so I can tell you generally to use about half a cup of milk for a bag of shredded cheese (if you are buying it pre-shredded). But this is only my best guess and not very scientific at all. If you have too much milk you can always add more cheese or just cook it for a really long time till it boils off.
Stir while heating until all the cheese has mixed in with the milk.
Add seasoning.  I usually add hot sauce, cayenne powder, and black pepper. But its up to you.


For the broccoli you can either buy those steam bags or steam broccoli on the stove in a steam pot. I used fresh broccoli here, so I steamed it on the stove, but in the winter I use the steam bags.

Pour cheese over everything! Voila!


The best part about this meal is if you have extra cheese sauce (like I did) you can use it to make homemade macaroni and cheese!

No comments:

Post a Comment