Saturday, September 11, 2010

Game Night!

I really love a good game night! Playing group games are just so much fun and they bring laughs and laughs and laughs. So, I never really turn down a game night.

My other half, however (not the baby because that's becoming more like 60-75% of myself rather than just half) doesn't run to a game night quite like I do. Actually, he always thinks he isn't going to like them.

But I always drag him along anyway and he ends up having a great time and saying things to me the next day like,  You know, that game night was really fun.

So I never feel bad for dragging him against his will. It's one of the things I'm good at.

On Sunday night last weekend my dear friend Caton was up for labor day weekend visiting from Nashville and she hosted a game night at her house. So, of course, Martin and I attended.

We really ran the gamete of games that night, starting out with a game called ImagineIf. It was a good icebreaker type game because it didn't really require any thinking or moving. When planning a game night its best to ease non-gamesters into more physically and mentally active games. Most notably during this game, Martin said that (of a list of choices) my ideal roommate would be Cheewbaka. When I questioned him as to why he would ever say that  his reply was Well, he's the most like me.

We then moved on to running charades. If you don't know what this is, you're seriously missing out! It's the same basic concept as charades, only you have two teams and each team competes in a seperate room. The overseer? judge? ref? whatever you want to call this person, comes up with a list of words that each team is going to be acting out. Note: there is only one list. Each team acts out the same list. You get your word from the ref and then run back to act it out for your team. Whomever on your team guesses correctly runs back to the ref and gets the next word (or phrase). The first team through the whole list wins!

Sound amazing? That's because it is!

And, because we're all perverted and terrible people, this inevitably turned into dirty running charades. It was at this point that I realized, I am completely out of touch with dirty terminology. And when I say completely, I mean, absolutely and utterly know nothing. In this round, my dearest husband (who obviously is not quite as out of touch as myself) was the ref, therefore compiled the list of terms and phrases. Of the three people on my team, myself, our friend Kylie, and our friend Andrew, Andrew was the only person who had even the slightest clue what was going on. He kept trying to act out different "terms" and Kylie and I would just stare at him wide-eyed. Poor Andrew. He kept saying things like

You girls are killing me!

and

I thought at least the pregnant lady would know something!

On a bright note, I'm much more knowledgable after that night!

3 comments:

  1. I guess that makes up my mind about Friday night!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wait? Friday night? I'm confused.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not coming if there is going to be game playing. :-)

    ReplyDelete