Thursday, September 23, 2010

A Non-Traditional Party

Some traditions I like.

Others.

not so much.

baby showers are one of those traditions I'm not the biggest fan of.

Well, baby showers, wedding shower, anything that involves a shower

Unless, of course, its an actual shower with water, because those I love.

I jusrt really don't like the idea of sitting around in a circle and opening presents. I don't like that they're all woman. I don't like that they're in the middle of the day. I don't like that the games are weird and not really fun. I don't like that everyone is asking you about your baby - like you're the first person to ever have a baby, or get married, or whatever. And I really don't like getting gifts from tons of people, especially gifts that I registered for. I hate the idea of making a list of things I want, sending out an invitation and saying this invitation dictates that you must get me a gift and give it to me at a party where you almost exclusively watch me open gifts. That sounds like a blast, right?

So, in typical Jenna fashion, I went the non-traditional route here.

I was going to go really untraditional and have no party at all.

But I was getting so many threats, I started to fear for my life.

Also, I had so much fun at my non-traditional party, I'm really glad I didn't skip it.

I had a bun in the oven party.

This means it was at night. And there was alcohol. And I tried my best to encourage people not to bring presents (which many people blatantly ignored). And we didn't play any annoying games. And there were men there. And my husband, and a lot of other people, got toasted. And my roommates from college whom I haven't seen in forever were up. And our families were all there. And our closest friends were there. And I laughed. a lot. And we stayed up until 1:30 in the morning because the party was just so much fun.

So yeah, I'm really happy I had a party in celebration of our baby.

And thank you to everyone who came!

No comments:

Post a Comment