Friday, December 21, 2012

Soothed with Words

Martin has a tendency to stop in for a quick minute somewhere to say hi or run an errand and then he doesn't return home for another five hours. I've gotten pretty used to how easily he gets sidetracked combined with his lack of attention or any spacial concept of time at all and there are certain places where I have come to expect a late arrival.

Martin: I have to go over to Tom's quick and help him move a fireplace.
Me: Ok.
...a few minutes later
Martin: Well, I guess I better go get this over with.
Me: Don't make it sound like a plight of yours or something. It's a Tuesday night. I know you're going to spend four minutes moving the fireplace and two hours drinking beer.
Martin: Just let me soothe you with my words.

He then proceeds to walk over to the drawer full of coozies.
Me: What are you doing?
Martin: Well, I figured I should probably bring a coozie.

1 comment:

  1. It makes me proud that you have a drawer full of coozies!
    Jordan

    ReplyDelete