Sunday, December 30, 2012

Throwing Snowballs


One of the best parts about having kids is the ability to re-enjoy children's activites through your own child's eyes. I mean, yeah, playing in the snow is fun as an adult....but nothing really compares to the joy in Aubrey's face when she tosses a sprinkling of snow at her feet.


This weekend we've spent lots of time outside enjoying the snow. Sledding has definitely become a fast favorite. Snow has become a new favorite snack. And throwing snowballs at mommy is the most halarious thing in the world.


Martin: Want me to take your picture with Aubrey.
Me: No.
Martin: Why not?
Me: Because I don't want to be in a picture.
Martin: You're wearing my carharts. You can't even tell you're pregnant. (Looks me over) Well, you kind of can, but it doesn't matter.


He got one of my anyway.


Like most children, Aubrey goes from having the time of her life to freezing and needs to go in the house immediately in a matter of seconds. Seriously, it's crazy how quickly her mood can change. One second she's laughing and throwing snowballs and the next second she wants to go in the house.


Of course, once we're back in the house I make hot chocolate for both of us like my mom used to do when I was a kid.....so that's a pretty good incentive.

No comments:

Post a Comment