Monday, January 16, 2012

Chicago! Sears (I mean) Willis Tower


I think it goes without saying that you can't go to Chicago without going up the tower. The Tower is apparently no longer called the Sears Tower, but is now called the Willis Tower. You will see that noted on all the brochures..  Willis Tower (formerly Sears).


Martin: Are we sure we're walking in the right direction? Where is the tower?
Zach: I'm pretty sure we have to head west a little bit.
Amanda: Which way is west from here?
Zach: To the left
Amanda: Oh! Is that always the case?
Zach: No, only when you're facing north.
Amanda: Oh. right. that makes sense.

The views from the Willis Tower were amazing it is absolutely incredible to be that high and look down at the city unfolding around you.


One of the coolest parts about the Willis Tower were the recently installed sky views. You can actually go out onto a completely glass overhang and literally look at the city below your feet. Aubrey, who is not scared of heights took to this like a fish and water and was in awe looking below her.


I didn't think I would be the least bit bothered by this experience, but when I took my first step onto the ledge and looked down I found it to be a lot scarier than I had originally anticipated.

No comments:

Post a Comment