Monday, January 9, 2012

Three Steps

On Saturday evening Aubrey took her first steps. We were getting ready to go to a party for the evening, but were caught up watching a top 50 country videos of the 90s (the 90s really were a great decade for country music). They were just airing the number one song -  the song that had delayed us by a half an hour to our party. The song was a Garth Brooks song which came as a surprise to both Martin and myself neither of whom are huge Garth Brooks fan. I had guessed a George Strait song and Martin had guessed Tim McGraw - Don't Take the Girl.

Sorry, I'm getting really sidetraced here. All of this is to say that during that Garth Brooks song Aubrey too three steps towards the tv stand! I was so excited that I screamed really loudly. Aubrey freaked out, got extremely scared, and scuttled to the ground.

Me: I know this is the most exciting moment of Aubrey's life so far, but I feel like it's the most exciting moment of mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment