Friday, May 7, 2010

And This Is What The Real World Does To You

Things that will make you organized:

Being a class officer in high school.
hmm. That seems like a good answer. I mean, you have to organize events, plan reunions, you know, the whole shebang. But, no, unfortunately, that is NOT the answer we are looking for here.

Spend four years at Cornell University.
Once again, seeming pretty likely posibility. I mean, ivy league school, lots of extra-curriculars, definitely a constant balancing act. But, once again, NOT the answer we are looking for here.

Have various interships and jobs while attending said University.
More balancing. Good thought. NO.

Teach high school Biology in the inner-city for a year.
Bingo!


My best friend, Caton, and I are going on a road trip this summer. Sort of a last chance road trip before I have the baby! We are going to visit a couple of our friends living in Kansas and Oklahoma and leaving from her apartment in Nashville. Caton has never been what I would particularly call organized so when she called me yesterday and said she had put together a rough itinerary of the trip. That is exactly what I was expecting. You know, leave Nashville sometime on this day. Spend these approximate days in such and such a city, etc. etc. I was thinking rough.

So, you can imagine my surprise when I opened up my email to find this

Ok. So you can't really read any of the details here. Unfortunately, that's the best I can do, BUT to sum it up it includes drive times down to the minute, allotted site seeing time and even includes lunch breaks. Basically, it is only rough in the sense that there are not specific sites listed on the itinerary. I guess that will be coming closer to the date.


PS. I love this Caton!

No comments:

Post a Comment