Sunday, May 23, 2010

Recycling Frenzy

The recycling truck comes every other week here. Therefore, I have to somehow keep track of the weeks so I remember which week is the appropriate week to put out recycling.

Simple. Right?

Wrong.

This is way too much for me to handle. I generally attempt to keep on top of this because I fill a recycling bin about every two weeks, so if I miss a week I have more recycling on my hands than I have space for and it starts to overflow out of its spot tucked in our cupboard and onto our limited floor space.

By keep on top of this I mean that I look up and down our road on Tuesday nights to see if there is any recycling bins out. If there is, I put mine out. If not, I wait till the next week.

Simple. Right?

Well. I forget a lot.

Which results in us having 4 or 6 or 8 weeks worth of recycling in our kitchen. Which is not good for my blood pressure.

So, last Wednesday morning when I was rushing off to work, I suddenly noticed recycling containers down our street and immediately put the car in park and bounded up the stairs to our apartment to add my contribution.

As I bolted into the house, Martin was in the living room putting on his shoes.

Martin: (concerned) Is everything okay?
Me: Yeah. I just saw that the neighbors have recycling out and I wanted to put ours out.
Martin: (mockingly) I have to get going. I have to get going. Oh wait, I really want to recycle even more!

No comments:

Post a Comment