Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Completely Normal

Last week I went to the doctor for a checkup to find out I have lost three pounds since my initial pregnancy visit. I, of course, was immediately concerned and questioned the doctor as to whether this was okay and how exactly it had happened since my stomach is definitely bigger than it used to be. The doctor informed me that this is completely normal in many pregnant women during the beginning of their pregnancy because even though my stomach is growing, my body is using all of its energy to form an environment for the baby.

However, I think its important to point out that when it comes to being pregnant everything is completely normal. You think I'm kidding, but I'm not. I've been working my way through What to Expect When Your Expecting and according to that book, absolutely everything that could possibly happen, even if it means completely contradicting the previous statement is completely normal.

I am pretty sure I could walk into the doctor's office and say "I've had sudden urges to light things on fire" and my doctor would most likely respond with something along these lines, "Well, I wouldn't worry about it; those type of urges are completely normal in some pregnant woman. Just do your best not to burn your house down."


disclaimer: I have not had any urges to set anything on fire. That example was purely for example's sake.

No comments:

Post a Comment