Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Branching Out.

On Thursday night, I was supposed to meet my darling friend Jordan who lives in Georgia and I never get to see. Unfortunately, the timing didn't work out. But, I had already planned on not cooking dinner as had Ranatta, so we decided to go out anyway. I hadn't bothered to fill Martin in on the restaurant of choice, mostly because I knew he was going to balk me on it. But, about halfway to the restaurant, he asked me where we were headed.

Me: Oh, Kyushu
Martin: Whhhaaaat???
Me: Well. They make sushi, but they also make lots of other stuff. They have hibachi which is basically just steak and rice and grilled veggies and they make it right in front of you and its really really cool.
Martin: (as predicted, shudders at the thought) Are you serious?? Is this why you didn't say anything? Well, I'll go because we're halfway there, but I just want you to know that I am going for you.
Me: It's not that bad. You're going to like it.
Martin: I'm going for you.

As soon as the chef started doing fun stuff with the egg and made fire on the grill, Martin was hooked.

Martin: Ok. That was really good. But we've got 45 minutes to get home.
Me: Why?
Martin: I'm going to need to use the facilities.
Me: But its not even really ethnic food. It's rice, vegetables, steak, and shrimp.
Martin: I know my body.

And like clockwork...he knows his body.

No comments:

Post a Comment