Sunday, May 9, 2010

When Giving Gifts Was Easy

Mother's Day. Such an important holiday. I love my mom. She is absolutely the best. But I never know what to get her.

When we were in school, it was easy. Mother's Day was always in May which means we are always full swing in asparagus season which means every morning on top of feeding all the calves at the farm my mom was also cutting asparagus. So, it was a no brainer to think of something that would make her smile. I would just get up at the crack of dawn feed calves, cut asparagus, and then hurry home to make breakfast for my mom before she woke up. That is....unless my dad threw a wrench in all my plans by making me milk that morning or something. Dad's.....jeeze.

Now,  I don't what to get her. She never really liked material things. She's always been into gifts from the heart. And that one was just so perfect. Heck maybe I'll do it again this year. Just for old time's sake. And in my older and wiser years, breakfast can be even more amazing.

Oh, and I'll try to take some pictures of my dear mother so you can also see how beautiful and incredible and amazing she is. Because, I'm sorry to say this is about the only clear picture of her I have on my computer and her eyes aren't even open!

No comments:

Post a Comment