Thursday, May 13, 2010

I Blame Peer Pressure For All My Bad Decisions.

On Saturday morning, I met my amazing college friend, Michelle, in Batavia. We were going to catch up over lunch (even though I've been lucky enough to see her three weekends in a row!) and also, she said she wanted to go shopping with me to look for "flowy shirts". I'm starting to need flowy shirts. Until now, I have always bought tight, straight fitting shirts. This was due to my stomach which, with the exception of a brief hiatus senior year of college when I drank a little too much beer, has always been flat. But, its starting to fill out. On Friday night when I walked into my parents' house my grandmother's first remark after greeting me was, "Well, I guess your starting to get a little too big for those shirts, huh?" Only grandma's can say things like that and get away with it.

Anyway.

I met Michelle at Target at 10:30 where I proceeded to try on 13 different items of clothing and then purchase 1 shirt and two dresses. I then have an profound idea when walking by the shoe department that wedges are the answer to all my shoe problems. They are heels, but not really. Well, not pointy. I don't know. In my head you can dance all night long in them and your legs won't hurt. Unfortunately, reality, and experience, tell me that even if you dance in sneakers all night long your legs will hurt the next day.

Anyway.

I proceed to buy a cute, brown pair of wedges on sale for $15.99. Because, you know, someone has to solve all the world's shoe problems.

Then, after gorging out on Mexican for lunch, we go to Cato. I had never heard of this store before, but we checked it out. I proceeded to spend more money on clothes (and shoes) here. I got two yellow tank tops. I have been wanting a yellow tank top like one of them in particular ever sense that Clarion or some sort of allergy commercial came out. There's a girl, in a yellow tank top and a dog I think and inside and outside. I don't know. Point is..everytime I see that commercial I think, I would really like that tank top. And now I have it. I also found a pair of fake snake skin wedges at this store. Don't ask me why, but suddenly, I was on a huge wedge kick and I could pretty much picture tons of opportunities to wear snakeskin wedges (picture Martin standing in background and slowly shaking his head). Plus, they were only $7! So I really couldn't pass them up.
Don't blame me for my excessive shopping needs. Blame Michelle. She's a pusher and an enabler.

No comments:

Post a Comment